What started out as “hopes and dreams” somehow descended into the dreaded… expectations. Expectation is defined as:
The act of expecting or looking forward to a future event with at least some reason to believe the event will happen.
I guess I reasonably expected we would be out of this town by now. I had hoped and prayed we would. I had visions of being on the California coast by now. Or Placerville, or Lodi… but instead we are here. Looks like my reservations for Price is Right will need to be pushed back I had hopes and dreams that I allowed to go into expectations… I heard once, “Expectations are resentments waiting to happen.” I believe this to be true. How many times have I allowed unrealized expectations to throw me into a tail spin? I’m ashamed to say. Perhaps that is one of the main lessons this journey will provide.
I’m not saying being here is 100% bad. This gave me a chance to pare down and organize while we are close to our storage (and a dumpster). Staying has given us a chance to re-organize our storage in a more concise way, instead of the panic mode we stuffed it in. Staying gave us a chance to get the hitch installed by pros – so that we will have peace about our traveling safety. We also met an awesome little full-time family Pete, Gina, Zoe, Luke, Reed, and Sadie - so sweet and resourceful! She is an amazing hooper and he is an author. So these are the blessings we got from staying.
Some fun “adventures” so far:
1. Our first night I had a panic attack all night long… there was a loud *BANG* in the middle of the night and Karl got up to investigate. I was sure someone had tried to break in, and as such I couldn’t go back to sleep at all. In the morning, we realized that our clothing was all on the ground, the clothing bar intended for a short term use was NOT rated for the amount of clothing we had.
2. We ran out of propane while the truck was in the shop… had to wash dishes with Keurig water – one 12 oz. transfer to the sink at a time.
3. I think I’m having hot flashes – yep. Made a doctor appointment for next week.
4. The cat was a no-show for taking him to my MIL’s… so we got him a couple of days ago and now we have a CAT and a BIRD in our RV at the same time. Sylvester and Tweety on the road!
5. My grandma is dying. She is 98, and lives with my mom in Clovis. I want to be there with every fiber of my being. We have to wait for the funeral and go then because of our living situation now. She fell and broke her leg in two places, and is now not doing well at all – it’s hard not to be there.
6. Sydney fell from the top rung of the loft ladder and crashed down into boxes… has cuts and bruises, but she is fine.
It has been a crazy week and a half – and we haven’t left Reno! Looking forward to hitting the road!This entry was posted in Random and tagged adventure, expectations, rv, travel by Theflyingks
Switch to our mobile site