Last night I watched an episode of Sister Wives online. YES it is a guilty pleasure. I don’t know, I suppose it is a glimpse into FLDS that makes me curious. Aside from the fact of the polygamy it’s a really wholesome show. Don’t judge.
Anyway, one of the things that stood out was this “Family Purpose” that one of the wives put forth for the family. I had to google, because although I think this “sister” is creative… she’s not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Therefore, I figured she must have “Google Gleaned”(tm) I am trademarking this term as I just came up with it while typing this and thought it clever) this idea. Yes. Yes, she did. You can find the full like here.
Basically the article asks you to sit down with your family and finish sentences like:
1. What are a few strengths of each member of our family?
2. Collectively, we are at our best when we are…
3. Collectively, we are at our worst when we are…
4. If we had a completely free day together as a family, how would we spend it?
5. What are practical ways we can serve each other?
6. What are practical ways we can serve others outside our family?
7. Name three things you think you could do better as a family.
8. What would people say today about our family as a whole?
9. What would we like people to say about our family as a whole in 30 years?
10. If our home could be filled with one emotion, what would it be?
11. Name three adjectives we would like people to use to describe our home environment.
12. If we could name one principle from which we want our family to operate, what would it be?
I am going to have my family do this Sunday evening and make our mission statement for the website AND frame it for our wall in the RV. This is the reason we have our philosophy of education, to remember our mission and purpose. Also, this is a really good bonding experience for our family.This entry was posted in Mission and tagged guilty pleasure, mission, purpose, sister wives by Theflyingks
Switch to our mobile site